2 lbs. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 can Great Northern beans, drained
3 cans beef stock (or 4 1/2 cups homemade)
3 tspn. oregano (I substitute Italian Seasoning)
2 tspn. pepper
5 tspn. parsley
1 tspn. Tobasco sauce (I omit this)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 c. pasta
Brown beef in a skillet. Drain fat and place meat in a crock pot or large stock pot. Add everything but the pasta. Crockpot: cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Stovetop: Simmer on low for about 3 hours. Just before serving, cook pasta and add to soup.

2 comments:
Hey Margaret,
Great recipe. I plan to try it. I'm so encouraged that you're still blogging. May be we'll have to share ideas on what we can blog on, because I run out of ideas. See you soon.
Sounds delicous. You know I am going to try it.
Post a Comment