Thursday, October 30, 2008

Shepherd of Love


I was reading a message by Charles Spurgeon on The Lost Sheep. He said that if a dog gets lost he finds his way back home. Even a horse might find his way back to his master's stable. But if a sheep gets lost ..... he is lost. A camel can scent water and a vulture can spy food from a great distance but a sheep would starve to death before it would find food. A sheep is defenseless against danger. Thats why we need a shepherd. We have a Great Shepherd!!!!! One that would lay down His life for even one lost sheep!!!!!!
I'm always looking for new songs. I found this one this morning so I decided to blog it. Maybe it will bless someone today.

Shepherd of Love
Words and music by John W. Peterson

John 10:11
"I am the good shepherd:
the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."


        Shepherd of Love, You knew I had lost my way:
        Shepherd of Love, You cared that I'd gone astray.
        You sought and found me, placed around me
        Strong arms that carried me home;
        No foe can harm me or alarm me, never again will I roam!

        Shepherd of love, contentment at last is mine;
        Deep in my heart, there's peace and a joy divine.
        The future's brighter, burden's lighter,
        My cup runs over each day;
        Your grace supplied me, now provides me all that I need for the way.

        Shepherd of Love, my Savior and Lord and Guide;
        Shepherd of Love, forever I'll stay by Your side.
        You sought and found me, placed around me
        Strong arms that carried me home;

        No foe can harm me, or alarm me, never again will I roam!

        Shepherd of Love, my Savior and Lord and Guide,
        Shepherd of Love, forever I'll sta
        y by Your side.

4 comments:

Margaret Braun said...

I didn't know you had a blog, but now I've found it. Very nice song.

Nancy said...

This blogging thing sure gets more interesting when you have blogger friends!!
That is so neat that you have the book too!
I was thinking I would either start this study on a fresh page and add those who are interested as authors as well so that we can all put our thoughts on one blog or each person just blog on their own blog and leave each other comments... What do you think?
Do you know if anyone else is interested?

Nancy said...

Oh and by the way , I am sitting here at my desk in a very quiet house sipping coffee:) That is very.... not like me. ( the quiet house n'or the coffee)
Sweet dreams!

Pattie said...

This is one of my favourite hymns....I've always found comfort in the words. We used to sing this in the choir in the 80s unfortunately, they don't seem to sing this anymore at church.