Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autumn



Autumn. I love this time of year. I even love the word "Autumn". This is what comes to mind when I think of that word. Thankgiving. Harvest. Trees changing colors. Hot tea. Sweaters. Walks in the woods. Those beautiful Indians summer days. I just love it. Thanksgiving started in 1621 when the American pilgrims celebrated for three days straight. They didn't realize then that it would become a public holiday. Now we celebrate it for one day. But wouldn't it be great if we could (like my devotional read today) make our gratitude a way of life.


1Thessalonians 5:18 "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." God has been working "contentment" in my life and I think that goes hand in hand with being "thankful".

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love the look of fall too!