Thursday, October 1, 2009

Busy Day

I signed up for a magazine called "Above Rubies" awhile back but I had forgotten about it. So it was a surprise to me yesterday when I received it in the mail. Even I still like getting something in the mail just for me...Upon reading the articles I came upon the blog addresses of some fellow moms and homeschoolers. I was encouraged by the articles that I read and also the blogs that I found in the magazine. Just what I needed. And I was inspired to blog again. Hopefully this won't be short lived.

Today was a full day. We have company coming over tomorrow, Saturday I'm up to bring snack to our ladies song practice and on Monday I'm bringing a meal to a family from our church. They had a baby boy. So I baked a bunch of chelsea buns.

I had to go into town to run some errands. So on my way home I picked up some MacDonalds for the kiddos at home. And tonight I have a date with my husband.

Some thing the Lord has been teaching me lately is contentment.
"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity-in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians. 4:11-13
I have never had to go hungry but this verse to me means going without some of the things my heart desires. I want to be content anyway.

No comments: